Friday, August 29, 2008

Here We Go Again!

So I hope anyone who bothered to read my blog previously can find the new one. Ugh, Blogger! I had forgotten the password to my old blog, which just goes to show how long it had been since I had posted, and Blogger sent me a million verification emails but wouldn't let me update my password, and I just thought, you know, fuck it, it's probably better to start from scratch again anyway.

So.

Other than the fact that Barack Obama made me proud with a brilliant acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention Thursday evening and the fact that John McCain just picked the most ridiculous VP candidate possible (a Creationist? Really?!), the REALLY big news is that Happy Insomniac has actually been updated! For real! Check it and see if you don't believe me.

I'm not going to repeat my litany of excuses as to why it's been so long since I've written...you can read all that here.

But I will plug some new poetry...

"Fifty-Fifty Chance" by Michael Larrain
"Smithereens" by Alan Pritchard
"3 a.m. Muse" by Charles C. Brooks III
"True Love Waits" by Yours Truly

We also have some new fiction:

"Noise, Part I" by Luke Boyd

And, of course, haikus! I will tell you, in haiku form, all about Things I Would Rather Not See at the Movies.

And there's more where that came from! So check in here for the latest on Happy Insomniac updates.

It's good to be writing again...I feel lately like I've become a whole new person. I've currently got two jobs, do a lot of volunteering with the world's worthiest cause, Greyhounds Only, have an active social calendar, have four pets to tend to...and the best part? I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm two pages into the fourth chapter of what could very well be an actual novel! Maybe not something that anyone else would like to read or publish, but keep your fingers crossed for me, okay?

But not to alarm you all with too much productivity, I still have a messy house, never have time to blow-dry my hair, eat too many Wheat Thins in one sitting, and don't floss often enough.

Egad, is it really after 1 a.m.? Guess I'm getting back to my old insomniac ways. Too bad I have to wake up early to tutor the Korean youth.

--karen

2 comments:

Dawn Colclasure said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Looking forward to more updates. :)

Karen Gsteiger said...

Thanks!